Stoney Creek Environment Committe
- To educate the public about their impact on urban streams
- To raise awareness of Stoney Creek through special events such as the Great Salmon Send-Off and BC Rivers Day
- To involve citizens of every age with enhancement projects along Stoney Creek.
- To provide environmental education for school children in the Outdoor Classroom of Stoney Creek.
- To promote stream stewardship with "eyes & ears" monitoring.
- To promote co-operation among the many users of the Stoney Creek corridor. These include BC Hydro, Telus, GVRD, Rogers Cable, Terasen Pipelines, and local home owners.
- To identify and record: fish, vegetation, birds, mammals, amphibians, and invertebrates
- To map the watershed, trap young fish, and count invertebrates to evaluate stream health
- To add your voice to influence environmental decisions
By Telephone: 604-420-0771
By E-mail: stoneycreek[at]handshake.ca