SCEC depends on its members’ and volunteers’ availability and commitment. Stoney Creek provides a golden opportunity for everyone to take part on stream stewardship, such as:
- stream habitat survey,
- water quality survey and monitoring,
- stream invertebrate survey,
- storm drain marking,
- stream clean-up,
- streamside planting,
- juvenile fish trapping and identification,
- salmonid spawner survey,
- riparian area enhancement,
- bird watching,
- observe, record, and report unlawful activities that affect fish, wildlife, and aquatic habitat, and
- education and awareness.
It is important to recognize that volunteers augment the work of SCEC. If volunteers weren’t here, the work wouldn’t be done. Or at least the work wouldn’t be done to the level or amount with volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering with us,